Main Article Content
This paper describe the effect of crossover probability on the convergence of genetic algorithm. Genetic Algorithm have been
designed as general purpose optimization method. The power of the genetic algorithm is depends upon the proper use of their operators such as
selection, crossover and mutation. In this paper we apply the varying crossover probability under the operating system process scheduling
problem. The diversity of the population of the individuals are determine by the probability of crossover in the genetic algorithm. Crossover is
work as a diversifier for the population of solution in the genetic algorithm. The experiments shows that as the probability of cross over increase
more easily the GA adapt to the problem and converge to the best solution state.
Keywords: Genetic algorithm, NP-hard, Process Scheduling, Crossover
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.