Main Article Content
Within the last few years, prevalence and importance of wireless networks increased significantly. Especially, wireless mesh networks received a lot of attention in both academic research and commercial deployment. The networking performance of the mesh can degraded gradually, if a node gets malicious. Internal malicious nodes are the prime reason of most of the attacks in network and only few works have done in preventing the internal nodes which are compromised from degrading the performance. In this paper, we propose the Special Acknowledgment (SpAck) scheme that can be put as an optional feature for HWMP to detect node misbehavior and to find out malicious node. The main technique of the SpAck scheme is to forward Special acknowledgment packets. The effectiveness of SpAck based HWMP is analyzed through simulation
Keywords: Trust; Reactive Routing; Security; HWMP; Mesh.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.