Main Article Content
Data mining technology has interested in means of identifying patterns and trends from large collections of data. It is however evident that the collection and analysis of data that include personal information may violate the privacy of the individuals to whom data refers. The k-anonymity model is one of the most known novel privacy preserving approaches that have been extensively studied for the past few years. In this paper, effective approach that is used the idea of clustering for enforcing the k-anonymity is proposed; the goal of this approach is preserved privacy of data with less effectiveness on data mining results. A set of experiments were carried out on the database of the UC Irvine machine learning repository. The obtained results show that the proposed method keeps data privacy preservation with very low effect on accuracy of data mining results compared with greedy k-member and one pass k-means algorithms.
Keywords: Data mining, privacy preserving data, k-anonymity, greedy k-member, one pass k-means.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.