Main Article Content
This document is a complete report on the research conducted and the project made in the field of computer engineering to develop a system for driver drowsiness detection to prevent accidents from happening because of driver drowsiness. Drowsiness is one of the main causes leading to road accidents. They can be prevented by taking the effort to get enough sleep before driving or having a rest when the signs of drowsiness occur. Thus, it is not comfortable to be used in real-time driving. This project describes how to detect the eyes and mouth in a video recorded with the help of a camera. The report proposed the results and solutions to the limited implementation of the various techniques that are introduced in the project.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
Mahek Jain, Bhavya Bhagirathi, Sowmyarani CN â€œReal-Time Driver Drowsiness Detection using Computer Visionâ€, IJEAT 2021.
VB Navya Kiran, Raksha R, Anisu Rahman Dr. Nagamani â€œDriver Drowsiness Detection â€œ, IJERT 2020.
R. Jabbar, M. Shinoy, M. Kharbeche, K. Al-Khalifa, M. Krichen, and K. Barkaoui, â€œDriver drowsiness detection model using convolutional neural networks techniques for android application,â€ in 2020 IEEE International Conference on Informatics, IoT, and Enabling Technologies (ICIoT), IEEE, 2020.
Sukrit Mehta, Sharad Dadheech, Sahil Gumber â€œReal-Time Driver Drowsiness Detection System Using Eye Aspect Ratio And Eye Closure Ratio â€œ, SUSCOM 2019.
Rizul Sharma â€œDriver Drowsiness system â€œ, IJERT 2019
D. Mollicone, K. Kan, C. Mott et al., â€œPredicting performance and safety based on driver fatigue,â€ Accident Analysis Prevention, vol. 126, pp. 142â€“145, 2019.
S. Abraham, T. Luciya Joji, and D. Yuvaraj, â€œEnhancing vehicle safety with drowsiness detection and collision avoidance,â€ International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, pages, pp. 2295â€“2310, 2018.
M. Y. Hossain and F. P. George, â€œIOT based real-time drowsy driving detection system for the prevention of road accidents,â€ in 2018 International Conference on Intelligent Informatics and Biomedical Sciences (ICIIBMS), pp. 190â€“195, Bangkok, 2018.
K. Saleh, M. Hossny, and S. Nahavandi, â€œDriving behavior classification based on sensor data fusion using lstm recurrent neural networks,â€ in 2017 IEEE 20th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), pp. 1â€“7, IEEE, 2017.
O. Khunpisuth, T. Chotchinasri, V. Koschakosai, and N. Hnoohom, â€œDriver drowsiness detection using eye-closeness detection,â€ in 2016 12th International Conference on Signal-Image Technology & Internet-Based Systems (SITIS), pp. 661â€“668, IEEE, 2016.
R. Malekian, A. F. Kavishe, B. T. Maharaj, P. K. Gupta, G. Singh, and H. Waschefort, â€œSmart vehicle navigation system using hidden Markov model and RFID technology,â€ Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 1717â€“1742, 2016
A. Dasgupta, B. Kabi, A. George, S. L. Happy, and A. Routray, Cross-Domain Classification of Drowsiness in Speech: The Case of Alcohol Intoxication and Sleep Deprivation, 2015.
G. Turan and S. Gupta, â€œRoad accidents prevention system using drivers drowsiness detection,â€ International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering Technology, 2013.
S. Vitabile, A. De Paola, and F. Sorbello, â€œA real-time non-intrusive fpga-based drowsiness detection system,â€ Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 251â€“262, 2011.
E. Vural, M. Cetin, A. Ercil, G. Littlewort, M. Bartlett, and J. Movellan, â€œDrowsy driver detection through facial movement analysis,â€ International Workshop on Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 4796, 2007.