Main Article Content
In this digital era that we live in, Recommendation systems have become a part and parcel of our everyday lives. There are tons of options out there for everything that we do and people might find themselves in a difficult place while making a choice, â€˜a perfect one!â€™ This is where the Recommendation Systems step in. Internet Giants such as Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Facebook etc can be seen using these technologies to keep their audience interested. So, through this work, we attempt to build a simple movie recommendation system employing the famous techniqueâ€˜User-User Collaborative Filteringâ€™ and design a GUI for the same.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
Adomavicius G., Tuzhilin A., Toward the next generation of recommender systems: A survey of the state-of-the-art and possible extensions. IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2005, 17(6): 734-749
J. Herlocker, J. Konstan, L. Terveen, and J. Riedl. Evaluating collaborative filtering recommender systems. ACM Transactions on Information Systems, 22(1):5-53.
Baptise Rocca : â€œIntroduction to Recommender Systems.â€
Abdur Rrahmaan Janhangeer : â€œPython GUI â€“ Tkinterâ€.
T. K. Quan, I. Fuyuki and H. Shinichi, "Improving Accuracy of Recommender System by Clustering Items Based on Stability of User Similarity," 2006 International Conference on Computational Inteligence for Modelling Control and Automation and International Conference on Intelligent Agents Web Technologies and International Commerce (CIMCA'06), Sydney, NSW, 2006, pp. 61-61.
N. Mustafa, A. O. Ibrahim, A. Ahmed and A. Abdullah, "Collaborative filtering: Techniques and applications," 2017 International Conference on Communication, Control, Computing and Electronics Engineering (ICCCCEE), Khartoum, 2017, pp. 1-6..
R. Zhang, Q. Liu, Chun-Gui, J. Wei and Huiyi-Ma, "Collaborative Filtering for Recommender Systems," 2014 Second International Conference on Advanced Cloud and Big Data, Huangshan, 2014, pp. 301-308.