Main Article Content
Speech Recognition is the process in which certain words of a particular speaker will automatically recognized based on the information included in individual speech waves. Speech is one of the most important medium by which a communication can take place. The invention and widespread use of mobiles, telephones, data storage devices etc. have provided a major help in speech communication and its analysis. These also brought about ever-increasing need to authenticate and identify individuals automatically. Biometrics which identifies the physical traits and behavioural characteristics that make each of us unique therefore becomes necessary as a natural choice for identity verification. Advances in Biometric technology promises an effective solution to the world security needs as it can accurately identify or verify individuals based upon their unique physical or behavioural characteristics. This paper demonstrates a speech recognition system using signal processing tool in MATLAB. MATLAB programming was used to develop code that compares the pitch and formant vectors of a known speech signal with the bunch of other unknown speech signals and identifies appropriate match. The system was repeated several times to test it accuracy and was found to always make a perfect match.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
F. Monrose and A. D. Rubin, â€œKeystroke dynamics as a biometric for authentication, AT&T Labs-Research, Florham Park, NJ, USA, Future Generation Computer Systems 16 (2000) 351â€“359.
A. Jain, A. Singh, S. Raj Singh and S. Sikroria, â€œSpeech Recognition Using MATLABâ€, International Journal of Advances In Computer Science and Cloud Computing, ISSN: 2321-4058 Volume- 1, Issue- 2, Nov-2013
C. N. Solanki and M. G. Vayada, â€œSpeech Recognition using Hidden Markov Model Algorithmâ€, JSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Vol. 3, Issue 08, 2015, ISSN (online): 2321-0613
M.A.Anusuya , S.K.Katti â€œSpeech Recognition by Machine - A Reviewâ€ International journal of computer science and Information Security 2009, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2009
M. Saundade and P. Kurle. â€œSpeech Recognition using Digital Signal Processingâ€, International Journal of Electronics, Communication & Soft Computing Science and Engineering ISSN: 2277-9477, Volume 2, Issue 6.