Main Article Content
The main aim of this paper is to provide stronger security for communication over the Internet by enhancing the strength of the AES
algorithm. Rijndaelâ€™s algorithm was selected as the Advanced Encryption Standard. The AES algorithm was believed to provide much more
security without any limitations. But, recently some breaking methods on the AES have been found by cryptanalysts. In AES algorithm, the
number of rounds involved in the encryption and decryption depends on the length of the key and the number of block columns. So, the number
of rounds is increased to improve the strength of the AES. The strength of the AES algorithm is enhanced by increasing the key length to 512 bit
and thereby the number of rounds is increased in order to provide a stronger encryption method for secure communication. Code optimization is
done in order to improve the speed of encryption and decryption using the 512 bit AES.
Keywords: Cryptography, Encryption, Java implementation, Decryption, AES algorithm
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.