Main Article Content
In recent years fuzzy logic control techniques have been applied to a wide range of systems. Many electronic control systems in the automotive industry such as automatic transmissions, engine control and Anti-lock Brake Systems (ABS) realize superior characteristics through the use of fuzzy logic based control rather than traditional control algorithms. ABS is implemented in automobiles to ensure optimal vehicle control and minimal stopping distances during hard or emergency braking. ABS is now accepted as an essential contribution to vehicle safety. Intel Corporation is the leading supplier of microcontrollers for ABS and enjoys a technology agreement with Inform Software Corporation the leading supplier of Fuzzy Logic tools and systems. The increasing automotive customer awareness of ABS has greatly increased the demand for this technology. Improving ABS capability is a mutual goal of automotive manufacturers and Intel Corporation. The growing interest in the automotive community to implement fuzzy logic control in automotive systems has produced several major automotive product introductions. The use of fuzzy-logic in conjunction with microcontrollers is a fairly new development in automotive applications. In future it is expected that ABS will be implemented all over the world.
Key Words: Fuzzy logic, ABS, COG, ECU.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.