Main Article Content
In recent years, various organizations offer their services with independent and reusable programs on internet. An important challenge
is to integrate them to create new value-added Web services. The selection of the most appropriate candidate for each service for complex
composite Web services becomes a difficult task. One possible solution is to use quality of service (QoS) to evaluate, compare and select the
most appropriate composition. Typical QoS properties associated with a web service are the execution cost and time, availability, Throughput.
We use Coloured Petri Nets (CPNs) for Web services composition. CPNs combine the strengths of Petri nets with the functional programming
language Standard ML. We use the associated software tool called CPN Tools to perform the analysis. We use the associated facilities of CPN
Tools to perform evaluate the QoS metrics.
Keywords: web service; service composition; Coloured Petri Net; Quality of Service
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.