Main Article Content
To protect outsourced data in cloud storage against corruptions, adding fault tolerance to cloud storage together with data integrity checking and failure reparation becomes critical. Recently, regenerating codes have gained popularity due to their lower repair bandwidth while providing fault tolerance. Existing remote checking methods for regenerating-coded data only provide private auditing, requiring data owners to always stay online and handle auditing, as well as repairing, which is sometimes impractical. The proposed system, Privacy preserving public auditing scheme for the regenerating-code-based cloud storage is to solve the regeneration problem of failed authenticators in the absence of data owners with the help of proxy, which is privileged to regenerate the authenticators, into the traditional public auditing system model. Moreover, the design consists of a novel public verifiable authenticator, which is generated by a couple of keys and can be regenerated using partial keys. Thus, the scheme can completely release data owners from online burden. In addition, the randomized encode coefficients with a pseudorandom function is to preserve data privacy. Extensive security analysis shows that this scheme is provable secure under random oracle model and experimental evaluation indicates that this scheme is highly efficient and can be feasibly integrated into the regenerating code- based cloud storage.
Keywords: Cloud Storage, Regenerating Codes, Public audit, Privacy Preserving, Proxy, Provable secure.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.