Main Article Content
With the advancement of smart technologies, educational systems across the world are showing path breaking revolutions, embracing the smart learning methods. Rather than focusing only on the learning contents, analyzing learning behavior and connecting the learners in a peer learning environment stands quite important in this scenario. Internet of Things being the technology to connect things, has taken its scope to a higher dimension, shaping the pathway to subtle interaction between people and things. Making use of Internet of Things in learning systems would open up new pathways to proffer effective learning. Primarily some of these pathways for integrating Internet of Things in learning systems have been discussed. To design an effective pathway for implementing Internet of Things in learning systems, a detailed study of its platforms is needed. In this work, a handful of such platforms have been reviewed based on few parameters. The disparities among these platforms have been separately pointed out. Implementing Internet of Things in learning systems would need to take care of these disparities so as to design a ubiquitous learning network across the globe.
Keywords: Education, Internet of Things, Learning, Platforms, Smart, Ubiquitous
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.