Main Article Content
Mobile Ad-hoc networks have been widely researched for many years. Mobile Ad-hoc Networks are a collection of two or more devices equipped with wireless communications and networking capability. These devices can communication with other nodes that immediately within their radio range or one that is outside their radio range. The Wireless Ad-hoc Networks do not have gateway, every node can act as the gateway .Mobile ad hoc networks have many advantages over traditional networks, such as scalability, mobility and robust city. The network can be formed easily. It is gained more and more attention in recent years for the using in urgent and abrupt occasion, for example communication in military battlefield, salvage, temporary assembly and open country construction, etc. This paper focuses on the study of Ad-Hoc Network and its protocols.The concept of dynamic mobility is also introduced because nodes are moving from one place to another place, within this network any node can join the network and can leave the network at any time. This paper mainly focused upon the architecture, operating principle of Ad-Hoc networks. The various types of Routing Protocols are also discussed in this Paper; and finally applications, advantages and limitations of Ad-Hoc Networks are also discussed.
Keywords: Ad-Hoc Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks, Routing Protocols, MANET
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.