Main Article Content
Nowadays, the stock market is attracting more and more people's notice with its high challenging risks and high return over. A stock exchange market depicts savings and investments that are advantageous to increase the effectiveness of the national economy. The future stock returns have some predictive relationships with the publicly available information of present and historical stock market indices. ARIMA is a statistical model which is known to be efficient for time series forecasting especially for short-term prediction. In this paper, we propose a model for forecasting the stock market trends based on the technical analysis using historical stock market data and ARIMA model. This model will automate the process of direction of future stock price indices and provides assistance for financial specialists to choose the better timing for purchasing and/or selling of stocks. The results are shown in terms of visualizations using R programming language. The obtained results reveal that the ARIMA model has a strong potential for short-term prediction of stock market trends.
Keywords: Time Series Data, Stock Market, Prediction, Analysis, Data Mining, ARIMA, R.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.