Main Article Content
Expert system has being one of the leading trends in technology especially in the aspect of making a computer think like human. Expert system has been used in several areas to achieve a particular or certain objective. Expert system usage is what everybody who is technologically inclined like to use especially in medical aspect. There has been a lot of expert system in medicine especially INTERNIST, MYCIN, and CADUECUES. All have their own ways of contribution to medicine. But living this system freely to be used by people will causes an enormous danger to the community. Although it has its own benefit, this research looks thoroughly into the way in which expert system should be deployed into medicine without posing danger to the community. This research was carried out by contacting many doctors and other medical practioners from two basic federal hospitals in Nigeria (UCH, Ibadan and FMC, Idiaba-Abeokuta). Series of questions were asked and questionnaire was employed as a tool to derived meaningful data which was then synchronized using SPSS for proper analysis.
Keywords: MES (Medical Expert System), Expert System, Mycin, Mycin Effect, Medical Effect.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.