Main Article Content
-A handoff scheme is essential to provide continuous connections whenever a mobile node moves from one coverage area of network to another. The handoff management issues consist of finding the appropriate time to perform the handoff depending upon RSS (received signal strength), traffic, bandwidth, velocity, channel conditions and cost etc. Finally, a scheme supporting group mobility came into picture, is the scheme having a protocol for mobile groups that allows a single node (gateway node) to perform handoffs on behalf of all group members. If the gateway node is damaged or destroyed, communication by the remaining group members with the backbone network is severed, resulting in packet loss. This paper proposes an effective mobility scheme that minimizes the packet loss in Group mobility environment.
Keywords: Group Mobility, Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, Handoff, Packet Transmission, Packet Drop
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.