Main Article Content
dge detection plays considerable part in recent years to various image processing applications. Detection of edge results for noise free images becomes easy and it is not applicable to practical applications .The quality of images for a practical case is degraded by noise. Detection of edges for noise image becomes more difficult task in several numbers of edge detection methods such as K means clustering, and SVM classification methods. All of these methods produce best edge detection results, but still the detection rate of methods needs to improve. In this paper presented a new weighted support vector machines (WSVM) method for edge detection. It uses different edge detection features as input to WSVM for edge detection process. This method enhances edge detection results by reducing the working out time and improvement the image quality it can be compared to existing edge detection methods. The overall performance of proposed WSVM edge detection results is high than the existing methods.
Keywords---Weighted support vector machines, Edge detection, Gradients, Image processing.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.