Main Article Content
The introduction of cloud computing has triggered a change in computer community. The varying requirements of users are faultlessly met by the cloud. The cloud is used for a variety of purposes including storage services. Cloud storage services allow users to store their data and thus reduce space consumption. But security and privacy of data stored in cloud is a major issue faced by the userâ€™s and service providers alike. This paper deals with the threats faced by the storage service providers and users in the area of data storage in cloud. The paper then proceeds to outline the need for auditing protocols and the challenges faced by them when it comes to the context of cloud. The paper concludes with an introduction into some of the cloud auditing protocols
Keywords: Auditing; Cloud Computing; Data Storage; Security; Integrity; Bilinear pairing.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.