Main Article Content
An important application of data sharing in cloud environment is the storage and retrieval of Patient Health Records (PHR) that maintain the patientâ€™s personal and diagnosis information. These records should be maintained with privacy and security for safe retrieval.The data are allowed to be accessed only by authorized persons. Each party is assigned with access permission for a set of attributes. Data owners update the patient data into cloud servers.To ensure the patientâ€™s control over access to their own PHRs, it is the best method to encrypt the PHRs before outsourcing. The attribute based encryption (ABE) scheme is used to secure these patient records. Multiple owners are allowed to access the PHRs.we propose patient- centric framework for secure sharing of PHRs under the multi owner settings by using multi-authority attribute-based encryption (MA-ABE)which guarantees the high degree of patientâ€™s privacy. To reduce the key distribution complexity, we divided the users in the PHRs system into multiple security domains. This scheme also enables dynamic modification of access policies (or) file attributes, supports efficient on-demand user/attribute revocation and break-glass access under emergency scenarios.
Keywords: Cloud computing, Personal health records, Attribute-based encryption, Fine-grained access control
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.