Main Article Content
World Wide Web is one of the most interactive and popular medium to spread the information. The increasing popularity and size growth of WWW has overwhelmed with an immense amount of widely dispersed interconnected and dynamic information. Web pages typically contain a large amount of information that is not part of the main content of the pages, e.g. banner ads, navigation bars, copyright notices, etc. Such noise on web pages usually leads to poor results in Web Mining which mainly depends upon the web page content. Therefore, it becomes very essential to extract information from the bulks of data and structure them into useful knowledge that will be helpful for some type of understanding. This leads to the birth of data mining. Web usage mining is the subject field of Web mining which deals with the discovery and analysis of usage patterns from web data specifically web logs in order to improve the web based applications. The Web usage mining process consists of three phases: Data Preprocessing, Pattern Discovery and Pattern Analysis. In this paper an improvised algorithm will be proposed that gives a clean file consisting of only relevant data from the Web usage mining perspective as output.
Keywords- Data Mining, Web Mining, Web Usage Mining, Data Pre processing.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.