Main Article Content
This paper deals with the development, deployment and implementation of context aware multimedia applications in mobile devices.
Context Aware multimedia application can be developed using Bluetooth technology with encrypted data and security . Bluetooth
applications can be developed with the help of J2ME which has the optional APIâ€™s to develop Bluetooth applications. This paper is based on the
multimedia applications in mobile devices through which a visitors can find various routes he/she wants to visit with the help of his mobile
device. One such service for handheld devices is a â€œMobile Mapping Systemâ€, using which a new visitor to a place can get all fundamental
information about the VIT University. The various information that the user can become acquainted with are location details with navigation
map, various facilities in the form of image, audio and video depending on the mobile device of the user. The implementation consists of five
modules such as Registration, Login, text and image, audio, video and the help module. The registration module will get the user details such as
name, address, phone no, etc. The login module will furnish the login name and the password. The text and image module will furnish the
needed information of the places he/ she chosen to visit in the respective format. The audio and video module will give the information in audio
and video format and the help module will demonstrate how to use the application.
Keywords: Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME), Mobile Information Device Programming (MIDP).Application Programming Interface (API), Global
Positioning System (GPS).
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.