Main Article Content
Personal identification mechanism (PIN) is a widely used mechanism especially in applications dealing with financial transactions. It is widely used due to its easy way of implementation in that itâ€™s as easy to implement PIN mechanism as it is easy to employ passwords in the application; also it is easy for the users to remember a 4 digit number that remembering a password. For these and other more reasons PIN is the mostly used mechanism to authorize transactions in a payment application, but due to its advantages PIN has never been able to provide non-repudiation. Non-repudiation is defined as the act of ensuring that parties that are involved in a transaction do not fault on that transaction. It acts as a evidence that indeed a said transaction took place between a set of parties and either of those parties cannot fault on that transaction. Hence the main goal or objective of this project was to enhance PIN to provide non-repudiation through the use of timestamps. Timestamps are one of the mechanisms that can be used to provide non-repudiation in applications.
Keywords: PIN(Personal Identification Number), Non-repudiation, Time-stamp .Pin-Timestamp Algorithm, Non-Repudiation of Origin (NRO), Non-Repudiation of Receipt (NRR), Non-Repudiation of Submission (NRS), Non-Repudiation of Transport (NRT).
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.