Main Article Content
Clustering analysis has been an important research topic in the machine learning field due to its wide applications in the area of data
mining and bioinformatics. In recent years, it has even become a valuable and useful tool for in-silico analysis of microarray data. Although a
number of clustering methods have been proposed, they are confronted with difficulties in meeting the requirements of automation, high cluster
quality, and efficiency. An efficient clustering algorithm, namely, CSTuEPM (Correlation Search Technique using Euclidean proximity
measure), which fits for analysis of gene expression data is proposed. The unique feature of this approach is that it incorporates the validation
techniques into the clustering process so that high quality clustering results can be produced. The proposed work aims in incorporating Euclidean
Proximity measure for measuring the similarity (or distance) between two data objects with ease.
Keywords: Data Mining, Cluster Analysis, Gene expression analysis, Micro Array Analysis
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.