Main Article Content
Detection of Brain tumor is the most common fatality in the current scenario of health care society. Computational applications are gaining significant importance in the day-to-day life. Specifically, the usage of the computer-aided systems for computational biomedical applications has been explored to a higher extent. Automated brain disorder diagnosis with MR images is one of the specific medical image analysis methodologies. Image segmentation is used to extract the abnormal tumor portion in brain. This paper explores a method to identify tumor in brain disorder diagnosis in MR images and deals with the implementation of Simple Algorithm for detection of range and shape of tumor in brain MR images. Most Research in developed countries show that the number of people who have brain tumors were died due to the fact of inaccurate detection. This work uses computer aided method for segmentation (detection) of brain tumor based on the k.means and fuzzy c-means algorithms. This method allows the segmentation of tumor tissue with accuracy and reproducibility comparable to manual segmentation. In addition, it also reduces the time for analysis.
Keywords: Abnormalities, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Brain tumor, Pre-processing, K-means, fuzzy c-means , Thresholding
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.