Main Article Content
The Image segmentation is the process of clustering or partitioning the image into number of sub images based on any one
characteristics of the image such as colour, intensity or texture. The segmentation is the one of the middle level important process in the image
analysis. The number of segmentation algorithms has been developed for various applications. In the field of satellite image processing, the
segmentation is one of the vital step for gathering huge amount of information from the satellite images. The basic k-means clustering
algorithm is simple and fast. The main problem associated with this clustering is not producing the same result for every run because the
resulting clusters depends on the initial random assignments. In this paper, a modified k-means clustering algorithm is proposed for the
effective segmentation of the satellite images. This proposed method always produces the same result for every run. The experimental results
proved that the improved k-means algorithm is an efficient and effective method for the satellite image segmentation for the exact and
accurate segmentation of satellite images.
Keywords: image segmentation; satellite image; kmeans clustering; centroid; fuzzy logic
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.