Main Article Content
As Bayesian classifier is a fundamental classification technique. We focus on an efficient Bayesian classifier programmed in sql
with PCA. We consider three classifiers: Naive Bayes and a classifier based on class decomposition using K-means clustering and Bayesian
classifier with dimensionality reduction technique PCA. We consider two complementary tasks: model computation and scoring a data set. We
introduce one of the dimensionality reduction techniques, Principal component analysis (PCA) to achieve more accuracy and reduction of
storage space. We study several layouts for tables and several indexing alternatives. We analyse how to transform equations into efficient SQL
queries. We also analyse how to calculate covariance matrix for PCA using SQL. We perform experiments on wbcancer and bscale datasets to
evaluate classification accuracy, query optimization & scalability. Our approach shows improvement in accuracy over the existing approach.
Keywordsâ€” Bayesian classification, principal component analysis, covariance matrix, Mean, variance.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.