Main Article Content
In resource constraint Wireless Sensor Networks, reducing the energy consumption is a critical task. The objective of energy aware routing
protocol is to increase the operational lifetime of the wireless sensor networks. Multiple-path transmission is one of the methods for ensuring QoS
routing in both wired and wireless environment. Multi-hop routing protocols enhance the lifetime of the wireless sensor networks by distributing
traffic among multiple routes instead of a single optimal routing. Secured data transmission is also an important research issue in the wireless sensor
networks. In this paper, a Secure Energy Aware Multi-path and Multi-hop Routing Protocol (SEAMMRP) for wireless sensor networks is proposed.
The parameters considered along with routing are energy consumption, end-to-end delay, packet delivery ratio and thus improving the Quality of
Service (QoS). Digital Signature system is used for secure data transmission. This protocol is compared with the Ad hoc On-demand Multipath
Distance Vector (AOMDV) Routing protocol and EENDMRP protocol using Network Simulator(NS-2) and it shows better results in the parameters
Keywords: -Multi-path Routing, Multi-hop Routing Protocol, Digital Signature, AOMDV Protocol, Quality of Service
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.