Main Article Content
In this Paper we have developed a block cipher which depends upon iteration and permutation. In this we have used an involutory
matrix ( a matrix whose inverse is the same as the matrix) wherein the elements of the matrix depend upon the key chosen by us for encryption
as well as decryption. As the permutation plays a prominent role in dissipating the characteristic features of the plaintext and the key, the
strength of the cipher is found to be enhanced significantly. In this analysis obtaining the involutory matrix involves advanced concepts and
elementary operations and hence obtaining it has become very simple. The avalanche effect and the cryptanalysis have clearly indicated that this
cipher is a strong one.
Keywords: permutation, iteration, involutory matrix, key, ciphertext, modular arithmetic, cryptanalysis.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.