Main Article Content
Web application has made it faster and convenient to keep and transact important multimedia contents such as image through the
Internet. Digital watermarking to the images can secure the information to a great extend to establish the authenticity of the owner of the images
to protect copyright against unauthorized claiming of ownership of the image . Digital watermarking on the image is an effective
technique for protection of ownership rights in the untrusted open internet environment. However, the success of a digital watermarking
technology depends heavily on its robustness to withstand attacks that are aimed at removing or destroying the watermark from its host data
(image artefact). This paper aims at to analyse a number of digital image watermark attacks that the watermarked image may face and attempt
has been made to classify them into different categories . A set of experimental results are also provided to show the effect of these attacks on
watermarked images in the internet environment.
Keywords: Digital watermarking, authentication, PSNR, Correlation coefficient, finger print, attacks
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.