Main Article Content
In order to protect copyrighted material from illegal duplication, two typical technologies have been developed. Key-based cryptographic
techniques and Steganography which enable the appropriate security during the transmission process. The science and art of hiding information in
unremarkable cover media is steganography so as not to arose an eavesdropperâ€™s suspicion. Steganography is an application under information
security field. Steganography is Classified by having set of measures that rely on strengths attacks that are driven by weaknesses and uncertainty.
Now a days, computer and network technologies provide easy-to-use communication channels for Steganography . The curvelet transform is a
multiscale directional transform that allows an almost optimal non-adaptive sparse representation of the object with edges. Bit plane slicing technique
is used for data compression where the original image is sliced in to 8 planes. Steam cipher RC4 algorithm is used for hiding the message. The
effectiveness of the proposed methods has been estimated by computing Mean Square Error (MSE) and Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR). The aim
to propose work is to make existence of image stegangoraphy technique based on curvelet transform provide acceptable levels of imperceptibility
and distortion in the cover image and high level of overall security.
Keywords: Steganography, security, RC4, curvelet transform, cryptography, Bit Plane Slicing.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.