Main Article Content
To prevent unauthorized reverse-engineering of programs and algorithms is a major problem for the software industry. To access
unauthorized such codes are easy to decompile, they increase the risks of malicious reverse engineering attacks. Reverse-engineers search
for security holes in the program to exploit or try to steal competitorâ€™s vital algorithms. Obfuscating code is, therefore, also a compensating
control to manage the risks. It also provides several code obfuscation techniques that have been reviewed for technical protection of
software secrets. Code obfuscation is viable method for preventing reverse engineering. The obfuscator is based on the application of code
transformations, similar to compile optimizers. It also gives description about large number of such transformations and their classification.
The transformations are evaluated with respect to their potency, stealth, resilience and cost. As the internet evolves rapidly, software piracy
is rampant in the world; as a result software protection becomes a vital issue in computer industry. The code obfuscation can also use to
increase the level of software secrecy with integration of other technology. Programs known as obfuscators operate on source code, object
code, or both mainly for the purpose of deterring reverse engineering, disassembly, or de-compilation. Obfuscating code to prevent reverse
engineering is typically done to mange risks that stem from unauthorized access to source code.
Keywords: Code obfuscation, code tamper-proofing, obfuscator, functionality, efficiency, potency, resilience.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.