Main Article Content
Data mining or knowledge discovery is the process of discovering patterns in large data sets. In data mining each algorithm has a
different objective and to obtain meaningful and previously unknown patterns from large dataset is an emerging and challenging problem.
Association rule mining is a technique for discovering unsuspected data dependencies and is one of the best known data mining techniques. The
basic Idea to identify from a given database, consisting of item sets (e.g. shopping baskets), whether the occurrence of specific items, implies
also the occurrence of other items with a relatively high probability. Apriori algorithm is one of the popular approaches which are used to extract
association rules from data sets. One of the most popular data mining approaches is to find frequent item sets from a transaction dataset and
derive association rules. In this paper, we describe the association rules which are descriptive data mining technique. This paper also addresses
Apriori Algorithm and two other algorithms Record filter and Intersection Approach based on Apriori.
Keywords: Data Mining, Association rules, Apriori Algorithm, Record filter approach, Intersection Approach.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.