Main Article Content
The reliance on sensor nodes for sending data to the master node raises serious concerns about both data confidentiality & authenticity in hostile environments. In particular an unauthenticated sensor node may exist in the network which leads to various attacks. We target a multi-tier sensor network with resource rich master node at the upper tier and authentication nodes at the middle tier. Master nodes collect data from the sensor nodes and response the queries from the network holder. The proposed scheme offers data confidentiality by providing authentication to sensor nodes which exists in the network (particularly in the cell). The keys which are used for authentication is remains valid only over a session time which makes the sensor network protected. The high efficiency of our approaches is defined by detailed performance evaluations.
Keywords: unauthenticated sensor node; authentication; master node; sensor node; queries; network owner
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.