Main Article Content
Software re-engineering, a recent research area includes reverse engineering, forward engineering and reengineering tools while re-engineering process modification to get new enhanced process until now does not discussed in a serious manner, so in this paper the traditional software reengineering process is discussed and the "proposed software reengineering process" is suggested. The proposed process incorporates both the reverse engineering process and forward engineering process integrated with spiral model where reverse engineering applies to existing system code to extract design & requirements, although this is often used as means to mitigate risks & reduced costs of operation and maintaining the software system. This paper briefly describes traditional re-engineering then discusses the emerging process of proposed-reengineering which is often used as means to simplify the complex tasks. The paper represents how quality is going to be effect with the help of given software reengineering process. An analysis of various possible risks, their impact and mapping with various attributes is correspondingly presented. This paper is also presenting the way to reduce the impact of most of these risks by using proposed re-engineering through get all the useful features of spiral model.
Keywords: Software Engineering, Software Re-engineering Process, Proposed Re-engineering Process, Reverses Engineering; Forward Engineering, Risk Assessment, Software Metrics.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.