Main Article Content
Now a days the Wireless sensor networks are majorly used for environmental monitoring, tactical systems, target detection and tracking etc. While working with the wireless sensor networks, there is constraint of power source with sensor nodes, thus to make network long last we have to present and apply energy efficient methods for the nodes in wireless sensor networks. The process of energy conservation is laying vital part over the MAC layer. Thus MAC protocols are used with wireless sensor networks for communication which is resulted into the efficient utilization of energy by decreasing overhearing or idle listening, increasing sleep duration, and preventing hidden terminal problem or packets collision. Thus in this paper we carrying out recent methods for MAC protocol with an intent of energy efficiency for wireless sensor networks. We will investigate different MAC protocols along with their energy saving approaches. We will present the performance evaluation of all energy aware MAC protocols as well as their architectures.
Keywords: Wireless Sensor Networks; Medium Access Control; Protocol
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.