Main Article Content
Digital Images have been widely used in various high end applications such as computer vision, surveillance, forensics, industries etc. Noise is one of the prominent issues that affect the further analysis of images. There are different types of noise such as salt and pepper noise, gaussian noise, periodic noise, speckle noise etc. In order to remove noise from digital images, large numbers of methods have been proposed. Using various filtering methods such as median filtering, linear filtering, frequency domain methods, noise can be effectively reduced. However these different methods give mostly domain specific results. Recently another technique called Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) has been used for a variety of methods of image analysis and synthesis. It has been applied in areas like image compression, face recognition, audio video signalling, remote sensing, pattern recognition etc. In this research paper, a new SVD based technique for removing noise from digital images has been proposed. This model has been implemented and tested for the selected domain of digital images. Images have been taken from both generated database as well as from standard database. The experimental results have been presented and analysed to detect different varieties of noise. The analysis of results indicates that the proposed SVD model significantly removes noise from the input digital image set. This model may further be explored for authentication of the digital images.
Keywords: Image authenticity, Singular Value Decomposition, Noise Removal, filter, gray images.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.