Main Article Content
Early recognition of heart disease has importance in diagnosis. Neural networks are very efficient tools in field of classification. In this paper we have proposed a modified Linear vector quantization (LVQ) neural net for classification of heart disease data. In the Modified LVQ approach we introduced Mahalanobis distance calculation method which has improved the efficiency of classification. The classification is done on the basis of the various biomedical tests and statistics obtained from the tests. With the introduction of this new technique the diagnosis and classification of diseased person will be simpler and more accurate. We have also demonstrated a survey of three different classification techniques through experimental analysis.
Keywords: data mining; heart disease; Artificial Neural Network (ANN); Linear Vector Quantization (LVQ); Multilayer Perceptron (MLP); mahalanobis distance; Modified LVQ
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.