Main Article Content
Multi-dimensional arrays are widely used in a lot of scientific studies but still some issues have been encountered regarding efficient
operations of these multi-dimensional arrays. In this paper, the extended Karnaugh Map representation (EKMR) scheme has been proposed as an
alternative to the traditional matrix representation (TMR) which caused the multi-dimensional array operation to be inefficient when extended to
dimensions higher than two. EKMR scheme has managed to successfully optimize the performance of the multi-dimensional array operations to
the nth dimension of the array. The basic concept EKMR is to transform the multi-dimensional array in to a set of two-dimensional arrays.
EKMR scheme implies Karnaugh Map which is a technique used to reduce a Boolean expression. It is commonly represented with the help of a
rectangular map which holds all the possible values of the Boolean expression. Then the efficient data parallel algorithms for multi-dimensional
matrix multiplication operation using EKMR are presented in this study which outperformed those data parallel algorithms for multidimensional
matrix multiplication operation which used the TMR scheme. The study encourages designing data parallel algorithms for multidimensional
dense and sparse multi-dimensional arrays for other operations as well using the EKMR scheme since this scheme produces the
efficient performance for all dimensions and for all operations of the arrays.
Keywords: Matrix multiplication Algorithm, EKMR, TMR.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.